Anyone have a McDonald's birthday party?

My daughter is three today and I want her a party some time later this month. I was thinking McDonald's because of the play place and the happy meal.

I know they do throw parties and things, but I wasn't sure if I was able to bring my own cake and party favors or if I had to do their own things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't know about McDonalds, but I worked at Burger King through high school and when you pay for the party you get everything...meals for the kiddos, little party presents for the guests, the cake and we decorated the "dining room" for the party. I don't see why if you wanted to bring your own cake and decorations you couldn't though.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• you can bring your own cake, or they can provide one. they have plates, party favors, coloring pages etc.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:42 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• why would you want to feed your child mcdonalds??? it would be easier to make REAL burgers at home and make your own french fries......i won't even eat or feed that to my children..sorry not to be mean or anything just make your own food...i bet it would be cheaper anyways
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 7:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• The kids LOVE the playplace and you don't have a mess at your own home when the party is over! Just keep and eye out so that kids don't get hurt. Parents don't always watch their own kids. They space is kind of limited unless they have a seperate party room. My girls really enjoyed having their party there.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• To Kaylajean86:
    It's not just about the food, while I am sure everyone of us can agree that McDonald's is not the healthiest choice to make. It's not the worst thing in the world either. An occasional treat to McDonald's is not going to harm my child. Hell, all my other parenting choices will. Co-sleeping at three, breastfeeding a three year old. McDonald's is the more mainstream.

It's about space. I live in a very small apartment that would not have enough room for 10+ kids. Plus, I also live in the ghetto. I highly doubt my suburban friends are going to want to bring their kids to my neighborhood. (Which is sad, it's not that bad. Well, I take that back. A woman was murdered by her boyfriend right up the street at the local park...but I digress.)

If I owned my own home, I'd totally have a party at home. I have all sorts of party ideas, but until house owning happens. McDonald's is the cheapest thing I could find.
    Anonymous

• Take her to McDonald's. It's not terrible to let your kid enjoy their birthday somewhere other than their own home eating the same shit you make yourself everyday. Let McDonalds be the treat. Pay no attention to the food nazi. Hell you should even let your daughter lick the slide. Go hog wild! As for the actual party though, McD's is pretty expensive. I checked into it for my son last year and opted out. the cake is frozen and tiny. If I remember correctly it was like 5 bucks per person attending (kids that is) and 8 bucks per sperson after x amount of people. But that was at a different location that the one you are planning on going to. Call and ask. xXx
    Anonymous