REALLY REALLY BAD HEARTBURN

Ok what would you ladies recommend taking for REALLY REALLY bad heartburn, I have taken Pepto and Tums....I've had heartburn every since about 12 today....and I didn't get it until I drunk a Mountain Dew and now I can't get it to go away, help me!!!!!

DYMOND24

Asked by DYMOND24 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I feel your pain. I had this problem too and by daughter turned out with lots of hair! So you can look forward to that. But my doctor prescribed Prilosec to me. I had no problems after that.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• drink milk...
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My doctor told me to take Zantac. Works every time.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• my DR prescribed something for me, but it was near the end of the pregnancy so i never ended up getting it filled. I had it BAD, all the time, i know it was better not to eat near bedtime, but Tums usually were okay for me. but the ole myth was wrong for me....my baby had very little hair.
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• milk and bread.
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I had that problem up until when I went to the doctor Thursday, My doctor prescribed Zantac its worth buying. Seriously I had heartburn 24/7 I just could not get rid of it with Rolaids or Tums.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My doctor told me I could take zantac but I still didnt get it yet. I keep forgetting until 4 a.m. when my heartburn makes me want to cry. I have been taking rolaids which rarely work. I need to get me some of that
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 1:02 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I had heartburn for what it seemed to be about the entire last 3 months of my pregnancy, it was terrible. I ate tums constentally. Which didnt help, I just suffered. I felt like I never slept because of it.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Seriously I kept heartburn until recently ! I was eating tums also like crazy. I was in tears it kept me awake either get Zantac prescribed for you or buy it. =] Take care.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 5:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2009