HELP!!!!

Ok my son is 5 Months old.. We've been doing Tummy time with him since he was a month old... He will not lift himself up!! He just lays there!!! Ive tried using his Boppy to elevate him but he just lays there with his head to the side.. Toys don't help... Is it ok that he won't lift himself up?? Will that keep him from Crawling or Develpoing right?? Help im really Worried!!

apeclark2008

Asked by apeclark2008 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 5 months most babies will begin to lift their heads. You are doing all the right activities to encourage this development. hopefully he is atleast trying to get his head off the floor. If not. i would definately voice my concerns to my ped.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• every kid is different when he is ready he will do it and then you won't be able to stop him
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i wouldnt worry yet, let him do it on his own. he might just be a little slow. no biggie
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• No worries...every baby is different. If you are extremely worried talk to your pediatrician though.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Hard to say.
    Every baby is different, of course.. But developmentally he should be *able* to do it... But if he just doesn't *want* to, that's a whole other thing..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 12:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• You're doing fine.

Mine wouldn't do tummy time and never crawled. Straight to walking. I think tummy time is overrated. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 1:30 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would think he should be able to. What if he does't have somrthing to rest his head on? Try tummy time on a bed... with his head over the side (of coarse sit next to him with your hands on him the entire time) See if he will lift his head or just let in hang. I think if he lets it hang I might talk to the pediatrician about it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:37 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I worried that my daughter wouldn't ever like being on her tummy. We tried for months and at about 4 months she just rolled herself over one day and we were shocked. Now she's ALWAYS on her tummy. At 7 months so can lift her head and on her arms, but she doesn't crawl. LOTS of babies go straight from sitting to walking and sitting is a harder skill to learn. Try working on that one and see what happens.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 2:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2009