Do you believe in God, just not the Bible version of God?

Because I believe in God, I just don't believe in the Bible's interpretation of God.

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 2:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2012 in Religious Debate

• Same here ......

Answer by older at 2:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• Nope.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• Nope. I don't believe in any gods. Bible version, nordic version, what have you.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• I believe in God as he is described by the bible.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• I believe in God & his son Jesus Christ. I believe in the teachings I grew up learning. I also believe that other religions have their own versions of who we call God. An all powerful, all knowing being, that just goes by the teachings & name given to Him w/in their own culture(s).

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• Forgive me, but sometimes I have a hard time trusting anything a man has written that tells me what to believe and what not to believe. Especially when most of the Bible consists of telling men how to treat their women and how women are there to serve men. How can that be what God wants?
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• The Bible was written by MEN. God/gods had nothing to do with that despite claims to the contrary
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• The Bible was written by men who were trying to gain power over everyone else. And it worked. That's what I think of the Bible.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• Especially when most of the Bible consists of telling men how to treat their women and how women are there to serve men. How can that be what God wants?
    >>>
    You haven't studied it have you?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• Religions give women and men equality but different roles, but how its interpreted becomes an issue and this is when people have to use their minds to understand what god wants from us.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2012