Do you believe that the dead can see what we do? If you do...

do you believe they can intervene?

Asked by adnilm at 4:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I believe in my heart of hearts that they can see and communicate with us. The reason I say communicate is because this is their way to alert us they're near us.

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2012

• On a side note...the santa clause is coming to town song

he sees you when you're sleeping
    he knows when you're awake

does anyone else feel the need for a restraining order?

Answer by feralxat at 5:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• No they're DEAD.

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• No.  And I'm glad for it.  While it might be nice to believe that Grandma is looking down on my girls and loving them the way that only a grandma could, it would be just as disturbing to think that she's watching me during, um, intimate moments with my husband.  I also don't want any of my dead relatives interfering when I'm in the shower or using the bathroom.  Really.  I shut the door for a reason . . .

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• If the dead could intervene, why would anyone ever be raped or murdered?

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• but since there are people who don't believe,

ok- this is MY opinion and i may be wrong ( i often am) it seems as if you are not willing to, if not accept different beliefs at least acknowledge that there are different belief systems

"I" find that distasteful because different opinions on religion often either, strengthen my own faith or cause me to question my faith and find new interpretations (again further strengthening my faith).

In my ideal world we would all learn from our differences...but it's not my world and it's not ideal.

Answer by feralxat at 7:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• I believe we have Guardian Angels. Yes, they intervene when we need them.

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• But this isn't the end

Says you, you don't know that for a fact though. So your opinion is there is life after death. I don't agree I think dead is dead.

Answer by kmath at 5:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• feral...i think its still friendly. or did i misread something?

Answer by dullscissors at 5:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• You can all debate til you're blue in the face on this one, but I know my Grandparents watch over our family & that my Gpa has made his presence known to me once since he passed. My boys' father has visited me in dreams 3 times & my oldest son who has developmental delays & is the purest soul I know has communicated with his father & (great) grandparents. I believe it w/ every fiber of my being, so I don't care if others want to poopoo it or think I'm nuts. That love, & that energy that makes us who we are never dies.

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2012