what do i do when my 2 year olds having nightmares, and now is scared of the bath tub?

my daughter has all of asuden just had nightnares. i dont know what to do. she now is so scared of the bath tub, she says something is going to get her toe toes. and keeps talking and freeking out crying over her hands and feet. i dont know what to do , please anyone who can give advise to a single teenage mother! please help me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are you comfortable showering while holding her? Maybe if you get in the tub with her, it would allow her to relax and see it is OK. Then eventually it will be fun.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I remember freaking out when my parents gave me a bath when I was younger after returning from a family friends home where they had hermit crabs. The three boys (all older than me) told me that they came up from the shower drain and would bite your toes off! So, I remember my dad just having a talk with me and telling me that the hermit crabs don't come from the shower drain, but he had to pretty much force me in the tub the first time, then after that I was fine.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I agree with hannahwill. That's a great idea!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• get a spray bottle and fill it with water, and maybe a drop or two of lavender oil. before she goes to bed at night, let her spray the air in her room and tell her it will keep the bad dreams away. (the lavender is calming, so maybe it will help her sleep) getting in the bathtub with her is a good idea too. good luck!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2009