Obama stops trial of known terrorist--so who was he paying off with THIS move?

This makes me so damn mad. If people don't think he has middle eastern ties--this should prove differently. So who is getting the pay off with this one? Perhaps the same middle eastern man who paid for most of his Harvard degree?

Ronnie80

Asked by Ronnie80 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • The Pentagon's senior judge overseeing terror trials at Guantanamo Bay was told to drop charges Thursday against an al-Qaida suspect in the 2000 USS Cole bombing, upholding President Barack Obama's order to freeze military tribunals there.
    Anonymous

• HMMM... and the plot thickens! I think we're in for a lot of "surprises"!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You're a little late - he dropped the charges and had all the 9/11 and Cole victims' families over for dinner at the white house today.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It makes me really sick to think of what we are in for with this arrogant man. I honestly hate to see my son serving under this man. I was so damn mad when I heard about it today. To NP--I don't spend all day on the computer so perhaps it is "late" but it still makes me madder than hell. I would have gone to the dinner and stood up and told him what I thought of him. It saddens me to think our country voted a man like this into office. It speaks to the great ignorance of our society--we have certainly been dumbed down as a book on the public school system put it.

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• obama is an idiot, i really do not think he knows any thing what so ever and is just a good talker he could talk his way out of a paper bag.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• why do you think his FIRST EVER formal interview (as President) was to the Muslim World on Arab television, Al Arabiya News Channel????

He's more concerned about terrorists and their families than our own country. Ice storm in the mid-west anyone? Has Obama shown ANY concern for people there yet?
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• And his first call as President was to whom? The President of Palestine. Yeah---what does that tell us! The only person I know who voted for this man is really having some strong  "shocking"reactions and major regret:-)  I hope others are seeing him for what he really is--a Socialist--Islamic leaning liberal!!!

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• can you share your sources, please?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• FYI: stopping or pausing a trial is nothing new. also: "Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell said Crawford dismissed the charges against al-Nashiri without prejudice. That means new charges can be brought again later. He will remain in prison for the time being."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29042139/

it seems quite logical to me to wait and proceed with the trial AFTER gitmo is closed.

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Try the major news media!!!!! This isn't some right wing made up stuff--it has been in the news!!!!  He did what he did---it was reported--though quietly perhaps--but it was on the major news sources--surprise, surprise!!!

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2009