Why is my dd9 acting this way (all of a sudden)?

She has not been eating much (mostly snacking) more to herself lately, she doesn't care to watch TV like she used to, seems to be tired most of the time, she says she wakes up during the night and sometimes can not fall back to sleep. She tells me she sometimes no longer wants to play with her dolls :/

Can somebody please help me...I'm not sure if all this is just a phase or is something happening.

Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• um... she's growing up
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• She's starting hormonal changes. Maybe depression as well, have you guys had any big events happen?
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• hormonal changes and possibly depression.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• It's a phase, she's trying to grow up, wants her privacy and hormones. Hang in there, the talking back and pushing for independence is next. Do kinda make sure she is eating - I'd worry about depression and maybe an eating disorder. If kids are picking on her at school about her weight or something. Just keep offering to talk and be there for her. Maybe a special trip after school for ice cream or a walk in the evening - where she can relax and maybe will spill some info into what's going on in her world.
    But all and all - she's sounds to be right on track - it's just our job to keep a watchful eye out for real problems.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2012