• In the Spotlight:

I have a question about joining groups...

I applied for a group in which you had to tell a bit about yourself before you could join. I haven't heard back from them. Will they let me know either way? I don't know why I would not be accepted to this group - there is no specific reason for me to be disqualified. Is there a way that CafeMom Team would be able to say 'yes they will accept you' or 'no they decided not to accept you'?

It's a bit disconcerting to be left hanging in limbo.

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 12:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Try joining the group again. See if you get a respond the second time around!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Maybe the group owner hasn't been on recently?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I have had it take up to 2 days to hear anything. Hang in there, you should hear something.
    amy7243

Answer by amy7243 at 7:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• sometimes they dont log on for a few days.
    tracy20

Answer by tracy20 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I can only answer for how it is with my group. There is the owner and myself (admin) We get to it as soon as we can, but there have been times where neither of us has been on for a couple of days. We do, however, send a response if we are denying membership. We do check out profiles and if we cannot see a profile, we have requested to be put in temporarily as a friend so we can (we then let the profile owner know we've visited and they can remove us if they so wish).

I would apply again and request an answer either way so they know you'd like to be informed of a final decision.
    Anonymous