Do you think Mitt Romney is getting worse?

I've seen heard a lot of horrible stories about his ethics and how he handles the public, but this is probably the worst.

http://www.upworthy.com/this-woman-is-biased-against-mitt-romney-probably-because-he-told-her-he-didnt-c?c=ufb1

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 11:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• How is that getting worse? He's the same as he always was. I don't think he connects with everyday people well. I think he's far removed from our lives. But I wonder if you would think he was worse, no matter what, simply because he doesn't believe that same sex couples should marry? Do you think any person that opposes same sex marriage is a bad person?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2012

• I can't come up with my conclusion of this story until I hear what he says about it.

You know what they say...there's one side, there's the other side, and then there's the truth.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:29 AM on Sep. 17, 2012

• I don't think he has a f--king clue what the average American deals with on a daily basis.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2012

• booklover, I agree.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2012

• I don't think he's presidential material, I think he thinks he's royal material. I do not identify with him or his wife. I think their collective empathy bone is broken. I kind of see him as soulless.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2012

• Wow...I'm pretty sure BO and Micky don't have a clue about the 'average' American, either.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2012

• I was going to say the same thing Dullsy, maybe not in those exact words but the same.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2012

• I don't think it's so much that he's getting worse, it's more that people are starting to see all the flip-flopping he does and are beginning to wonder what he really does/does not support. As time goes on, it becomes more apparent that Romney is more for big business & the very wealthy, because after all, if one is not wealthy it's because one did not work hard enough. He talks a lot about unleashing American ingenuity and innovation but apparently has little faith in Americans as he wants to raise the cap for the immigration of highly skilled foreign workers because according to his web-site:
    "Foreign-born residents with advanced degrees start companies, create jobs, and drive innovation at an especially high rate"
    Yep, instead of making it easier for our own citizens to start companies which create jobs, he feels it's better encourage foreign nationals to come here and create jobs.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2012

• I actually agree that current day foreigners are more ingenuous and innovative. I don't think it's because American's couldn't be, but that as a whole we've become lazy and expect hand-outs which has destroyed our creative genius. Hard work and creativity is what moves the world. If we aren't cultivating it here, why not bring it in and allow it to help us move forward. There is nothing wrong with that, with using the seeds from somewhere else to begin to regrow our gardens - and maybe, just maybe American's will become what we once were - creators and inventors and cutting edge. Maybe with a little inspiration, we will wake up again.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 17, 2012

• Just watched the clip....REALLY? It gets worse on the topic of gay marriage??? Although this is an important PERSONAL topic for many, it is personal. If we re-elect Obama, "It gets worse" on the economic level...In 4 years he's taken us from bad to worse and broken every promise of change he committed to
    Obama's own words:
    “Look, I’m at the start of my administration. One nice thing about the situation I find myself in is that I will be held accountable. You know, I’ve got four years. And, you know, a year from now I think people are going to see that we’re starting to make some progress. But there’s still going to be some pain out there. If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.” — Barack Obama on the economy

continued....
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2012