Do you let your cat go outside?

We just recently got our cat fixed, and he desperately wants to go outside. He was an outside/inside cat when we got him, so when we moved him in, we continued to let him in and out. However, when he got fixed, we had to keep him inside for two weeks so that he could heal from his surgery. He wants so badly to go out, and I would feel even more comfortable about letting him out since he's now fixed except he was so infested with fleas before, and since he's been inside (and we've replaced the carpet lol) he's been flea free. I was just wondering... do you let your cats out?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 12:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pets

• yes! my cats are very much indoor/outdoor cats, try advantix! it really works!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:53 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i have one cat i keep in only cause he likes to sit by the road and watch cars go by. the have flea stuff u can get from the vet frontline i have 11 outside cats i use it on. and if he wants out bad enough he might start sparying in the house them you be replacing more then carpet. but if you live some where -- where it's cold then you shoukdn't have anything to worry about if not get the stuff from the vet or a flea collar
    Jamie231724

Answer by Jamie231724 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• he's been on advantage since two weeks before we got him fixed, and we plan on keeping him on it (the vet told us that flea collars don't work at all)... but I'm still nervous. He's a very fluffy cat, and it's very difficult to rid him of the fleas.
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 1:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• If he is used to being an indoor/outdoor cat and he is completely healed then you should have no worries about him, as for the flea situation, that is something that we all have to deal with. My cat is indoor only, (mainly cause I am paraniod) But we still end up dealing with the flea's. I agree with Jamie.... If he wants out bad enough he will end up doing whatever it takes to get out. Good luck!
    GardenClub

Answer by GardenClub at 1:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I have two cats, both have been fixed but I still won't let them out.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 1:26 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• yes, I let him go out after being fixed and over 800.00 later he's still alive after being hit by a car! Don't do it please, He'd rather be indoors then in pain!!!!!!!!!!!!

babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 2:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I never allow my cat to go outside. I don't believe in allowing cats to roam the neighborhood and unless you can really train them to stay in the yard, they seem to want to roam all over the place.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My cats dont go out side, never have. They are declawed, so theres no choice now, They are pretty ok with it since they dont know any different. But we also used advantage when we lived with my mom and there was a flee problem and it seemed to keep them off our cats.
    evansmom03

Answer by evansmom03 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My cat WON'T go outside. She'll look at it, but when you encourage her to go out, she won't get off the porch. When she was younger we let her outside and she was lost for three days. She came back broken and beat up. I think that might have something to do with it. She is so funny.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• my cat use to go out but Im alittle scared to now cause his a black cat and people drive fast where i live so i keep him in now even though he wants
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009