best interest of the child

I have receantly agread to joint custody of my three nearly four year old, he has academic control & I have religious
& assumed physical custody
He sent me certifyd mail letting me know he's bought a house & is moveing an hour away & will be sending her to school there, & while the schools test scores & rateing are better than my own. I cant get her to school there on my weeks & get my five year old to school here. I beleive he has done this to make my life myserable & to try to get a judge to award him full or physical custody. there are great schools just as well rated much closer ...what should I do.. I think the best interest of the child is greater than her school...she deserves to grow up with her siblings & near her church,witch we regularly attend...he also wont let her go to preschool & doesnt do the work books I've bought & sent to his house for her weeks with him(we alternate)

jellybeangreen

Asked by jellybeangreen at 1:08 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, if the child lives with you, doesn't she HAVE to attend school in the district in which you live? How can you be expected to send your child to whatever school he chooses wherever he chooses if you have custody? What if he up and moves to the next state over??

There HAS to be specific guidelines for his 'acedemic control' --- I'd go over them again with your attorney.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Talk to your attorney and how did you agree to allowing him to make 100% legal decisions on education? Also, you will need to negotiate the parenting plan to accommodate the schooling issue - he can't just make the schooling choice without taking into consideration the parenting schedule which has been agreed to.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Re-read your court order, most state that in 50/50 custody that if one parent moves over 1 hour or 100 miles away, that they forfeit there 50% custody and then only recieve extended stay (every other weekend) if not take it back to court.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 1:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• well we were in court for 2 years & when negotiating the joint custody he made the argument that I had more control & had the physical custody & I wanted her to continue to be raised in her religion... I allowed the academic control..it's not detailed on what exsactly that intails it just says with so & so haveing academic control & so & so having religious..trading the child each sunday at 1pm but he brings her back early sunday mornings b/c she has to go to church each sunday..
    my attourny says he cant just tell me what school she has to go to.. but he seems to think he can his attoury pulled out along time ago & wont tell him anything witch is probably why he's being such a jack ass...I dont want to spend the money to go back to court & the more you argue after joint custody is established the more likly the judge is to award someone full custody.. & I dont want that to be him..
    jellybeangreen

Answer by jellybeangreen at 2:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• okay this post has different info than the last. Honestly your CO is vague and I'd talk to your attyn. and check the rules on moving, you may end up in court.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2009