Any helpful hints on potty training a 2 1/2 year old girl?

She is pretty good about it, especially at daycare. She tells her teachers there when she has to go most of the day, then with me at home it is usually when I say "I have to go to the potty", then she says NO me first. So occasionally I will put her in underpants but when she has an accident she doesn't even say anything. She understands things very well and speaks very well so I think she knows the concept. She rarely has a bowel movement in her diapers. I'd say I've only changed 3 poopy diapers over the past month. Please, I would appreciate any help!!

KCsmom29

Asked by KCsmom29 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She sounds like she is on the right track. It is probably easier at daycare when she sees all the other kids using the potty. Talk about it with her at home, praise her when she uses the potty, dont make too big of a deal and don't stress. It will happen when she is ready.

momjs www.cjkidz.com
    momjs

Answer by momjs at 1:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• she's still in diapers but you only changed 3 poopy ones in the past month? that is pretty darn good. She's telling you when she needs to go instead of just doing it in the diaper. She's going to be fully trained soon. Maybe try putting her in panties for a day when you are home all day and can clean up accidents and see what happens.
    theroxy

Answer by theroxy at 9:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2009