My son is 18 months... and Im TTC.... but Im still breasting feeding!

Ive heard you can get pregnant will breastfeeding and then I hear you cant. I dont know what to believe. My son is 18 months and nurses 3 times a day..... can I still get pregnant?

I got my period-- im very regular... I know Im ovulating cause I can feel it....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes you can get pregnant while breastfeeding.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 1:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Does it take longer if you are nursing? Is nursing 3 times a lot?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My lactation consultant said that the only way breastfeeding may work as birth control is if you are doing is consistently, but it's still not guaranteed. If your baby is eating solids there is a pretty good chance you could get pregnant...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• hehe breasting feeding :] but yes you can get pregnant and sustain a pregnancy as long as you are getting enough calories
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I got pregnant while nursing my son far more than 3 times a day. It's possible.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:12 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Ur supposed to take ur baby off the bottle or nipple at 11mths. They say before ur child turns 1yr old (12mths)
    Anonymous