What should I do? Seriously.

My sister who is 10 years older then me really screwed up her life and went totally downhill from there. I had to legally evict her 4 years ago, later her kids were taken from her and put in fostercare. My nephew, back when he was 15 finally came to my house and has snuck away from fostermom to visit with me, grandma and my son. OK I won't ramble on. He left a messege last week saying he will in fact be homeless on Feb. 10th. (his 18th birthday) is this legal? He graduates in June and they can kick him out? my 9 yr. old neice is there in the same house!, Should I take on the responsibility? I am a single mom of one and enjoy my privacy and I know my mom next door is iffy on the subject. I can't afford an extra mouth to feed, but What would you do? I fear taking him in and psycho sister will come here looking for him and acting like it's all good! Times like these I ask, what would Jesus do?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 1:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh gigi!! he sounds like a really good kid... I think you shoudl take him in and just ask him to get a partt ime job to help out aroudn the house.. I know this sounds crazy but sometimes if he works at a restaurant they give their employees free meals when they are working... just an idea.. when we were down on our luck this is what I did to eat. or else if he wokrs at a clothes store they usually give a pretty good discount on clothes so ya. there are ll kinds of different ways to make it work if you want it to..
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Jesus would take him in. im sorry its such a hard situation, and i cant believe they would kick him out in the middle of a school year!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Yes I say take him in and let him finsh out the school yr!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 2:04 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Yes it is legal, because he would be an adult. I would take him in, sounds like he has already gone through alot.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I agree with you Alicia! and also PInk! When he started calling us and let me call him at his foster moms house she was cool with handing over the phone, Then she said "I talked to your sister and she doesn't want them talking to you" she even went as far as to say "oh yes, Joey wants to go to college and we are al happy here", now that he is aging out this "old lady" is gonna kick him out? She has legally adopted my neice. I feel pissed and helpless and confused. To top it off my ass of a sis-in-law moved in with my mom next door and is very anal about anyone being over. SIGH, I guess I have to put on my big girl pants with the balls attached!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Maybe he can get a part time job in the summer to kinda help out or so he can have his own cash also i'm sure if you needed him to babysit he would!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 2:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• God, I almost want to cry right now, he hasn't called, and I feel like calling this foster grandma and telling her off before I take him, but my niece is there and they won't let me see her. How F'd up is this fostercare system where the loser mom decides that they aren't allowed to communicate with me until it conveniences them? i.e when they age out, so WTH should I be waiting for my niece to show up at my doorstep when the checks run out in 9 years? Why don't they let her live with me NOW and help me out financially while she spends grandmas last years with us? I even wrote Stupid Schwartzenegger a letter on the Fostercare website!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:19 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• if your niece is legally adopted do they still get checks?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:34 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Take him in and help him get on his feet. Yes, it's legal, how long do you think they should keep young adults in foster care?
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• This is your nephew let him live with you. Sit him down first and set the rules have him finish school. Why were his foster parents so eager to kick him out is your brother a difficult child? If he has some emotionally problems he needs counseling. Maybe you can get some funding for your nephew as long as he is in school.. Good Luck to you

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2009