What's the worst you've ever seen a jerk...

treat a retail employee, clerk, restaurant server, etc.?

o0orange0o

Asked by o0orange0o at 10:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I saw a lady yell at her hair stylist...shocked me.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2012

• When a man threw a hardback (leatherbound) menu at me because I offered him a paper take-home menu instead of the leatherbound menu to "take with him". Then, he ripped the phone off my desk and slammed it to the floor and screamed in my face. I'm fairly certain he was about to spit on me when another guest at the resort stepped in front of him.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2012

• DusterMommy...wow...:-0
    o0orange0o

Comment by o0orange0o (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2012

• Hmmm...one of the ones that comes in recent memory was when I was at the doctor yesterday. A man came in with a legitimate problem. It was a Sunday and the person he usually sees was not on duty at the time he came in, but he was out of a heart pill, and was trying to see if someone would call him in another one. The receptionist said that the doctor usually prescribes it 6 months at a time and then wants to see him to check up and see how it is going. She told him the doctor would call it in for one more month so he wouldn't go without it, but she wanted him to schedule an appointment sometime that month to be seen.

He didn't get it. She couldn't have put it any clearer. Well, he sits down after she tells him, and then after a while he said "how long is it going to be until I'm seen" LOL. Dude, you're not getting seen today. After she tried to explain it over and over he said "I'll play your game for now" and left. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2012

• Pharmacies. OMG.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2012

• LOL, I don't think I have witnessed really rude things, or I just don't remember. I however remember getting bitched out quite a bit when I worked at Chili's in SD. SD does not have smoking laws (or at least they didn't 5 years ago). When customers from other states would come in and I would ask "Smoking or non?" I would get bitched out because "You shouldn't even have a smoking section at all. What the hell is wrong with you?" Yes, I as a freaking hostess have all the say in whether cooperate wants to have a smoking section in their restaurant.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2012

• gas stations
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• Target - gosh I felt so bad for the clerk
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I had a woman lose it on me when I worked at Walmart- she was always a bitch to the cashiers and it was my lucky day I guess- It was about 5 yrs ago-so I don't remember all the details now-but I was working in the garden area alone and she had a cartload of little things - soaps and lke trial sizes of things and whatnot and was accusing me of scanning some of them twice or something - meanwhile the person who was with her proceeded to take a buch of stuff out of the store before she even paid...it was a nightmare- I had to get a manager,get the woman to bring everything back in- recount everything...she was calling me names -like HORRIBLE names and being loud and obnoxiou-s I was so pissed that when she finally left I let out a scream of frustration. I asked and was told if she ever came back-I could not refuse to check her out if she came to my line
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2012