How do I get my baby to sleep in her bed ???

On January 23rd My (now 1 year old)baby was diagnosed with pneumonia and the doctore advised me to allow her to sleep in our bed during this time. Which then has thrown her off her routine. She will go to sleep with me and as soon as I put her down in her bed she cries.

crwill4

Asked by crwill4 at 2:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We had a weird period with our kids and we also had to adjust. At one year old though they are still snall to understand just words, i would say keep working on a routine. Certain bedtime, glass of water, etc stick with the same everynight. I worked on reading a short story and staying there until my daughter would fall asleep, this eventually was shorter and shorter in time. Until finally she read, and was ready for sleepy time. Good luck- it takes a lot of work to get back on track ; )
    krubalc

Answer by krubalc at 3:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would reinstate her schedule and stick to it. Eventually she will go to sleep on her own in her own bed again. I wish you all the luck. I would also try the same method to get her to sleep in her bed that you used originally as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2009