HAS ANYONE GONE THROUGH THIS PLEASE I CANT SEEM TO STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!

HELLO... I HAD AN ULTRASOUND YESTERDAY AND THEY SAID THEY DIDNT SEE A FETAL POLE AT ALL AND THEY ALSO SAID MY UTERUS IS TILTED .. AND SAID IT WAS ABNORMAL ..AND THAT I WOULD ONLY BE 7 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS.. AFTER THE ULTRASOUND HE TOLD ME TO GO TO MY OB AND SHE'LL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING SO I WAITED FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS CRYING MY EYES OUT JUST WAITING AND WHEN SHE CAME IN SHE SAYS WERE GONNA HAVE A D&C AND IF I DONT GET IT OUT ILL GET SICK... AD THATS ALL SHE SAID AND DIDNT EVEN DO A BLOOD TEST.. AND SENT ME HOME.. BUT I GOT A SEC OPION FROM ANOTHER OB AND SAYS ITS BEST TO WAIT CAUSE IT STILL MIGHT BE EARLY.. & IM NOT EVEN BLEEDING ... SO IS THERE STILL HOPE?? IM JUST SO LOST RIGHT NOW AND CONFUSED..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if the other doc said that it was to early to tell then wait it out.. but you know be prepared for anything sweetie. i'm sorry and good luck.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:15 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i would wait till i knew 4 sure b4 i had anything done its possible they are wrong i will be praying 4 you and i will keep you in my prayers
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 3:35 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Definitely wait a little longer! If your body is going to miscarry ( especially at 7 weeks) your body could do it naturally! A D&C isn't usually necessary at that time ( I've had 2 m/c one at 8 1/2 weeks one at 6 weeks.. both naturally).. I have heard of others waiting and the following week the heartbeat shows up! Good thing you have a second opinion!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would wait if I where you! Time will tell!! I had started bleeding and went to the on call ob and they said that I was going to miscarry and you might as well take the meds to speed it up... I cried the rest of that day!! My husband and I where trying for our first baby so that was heartbreaking to hear! I wanted a second opinion by my ob and so I scheduled an apt and sure enough rather than having a miscarrage i was having twins! I did end up miscarrying one of my babies but i now have a beautiful baby girl! I can't imagine what would have happened had I just gave up and went along with the first suggestion!
    mommatojoc

Answer by mommatojoc at 5:58 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would wait it out. The heartbeat on my LO showed up at 8 weeks. I would just wait and see what happens. Dr's are "practicing" they don't know it all.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:08 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• So sorry you are going thru this...Yes def. wait it out...I had a misscariage also at 6-8 weeks....let your body try to do it natural your body will let you know if something is wrong. Best of Luck!!!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I was 6 weeks and started to bleed. I went to the hospital they did an ultrasound... found a heartbeat, a faint one. The nurse there convinced me that I was having a miscarriage. I was heartbroken. They sent me home still bleeding to wait it out. I had to make an appointment to have another ultrasound. I had to sit and wait 2 days feet up on the couch doing NOTHING. It was the most nerve racking time... when I went they couldn't figure out why I was bleeding... everything seemed fine. I know it's hard to wait it out, but sometimes there is nothing else you can do. I'm 37 weeks now and baby is perfect... ready to have this baby. Hope all goes as well as it did for me.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 10:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• www.misdiagnoisedmiscarriage.com
    Please go to this site right away. Many women with a tilted uterus are forced to get a d&c and there was nothing ever wrong with your baby. I had both of my miscarriages naturally. The baby had passed 3 weeks before we found out, I never got an infection or any problems. They should at least give you a week to wait and see if you will do it on your own. If you get a fever then yes go right in and get it done but otherwise I would wait. While you wait try to stay on bed and pelvic rest. If you are not bleeding yet there is still hope.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 2:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I know that this is not your specific question but it might help ease your mind: a tilted uterus is unusual but no cause for alarm! I am on my second pregnancy 35 weeks with a tilted uterus and both of my babies are just fine. So don't worry, your little one can live in a tilted uterus just as happily as a normal one. Get lots of rest, drink your water, and give it some time. Don't give up yet! Good luck and I am praying for you.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i have been through that, & i waited it out. i had a miscarriage 3 weeks after they told me. My dr wantd me to have a d & c right then & there but i wanteed to wait because i still felt preg & felt ok. They did blood work testing the quantitative levels. Then we scheduled a d & c for 2 weeks later. I ended up having the miscarriage the morning of the procedure & so i told my dr & he still wanted to have me come in for a d&c...he said it would remove the risk of blood clots. He broke my heart, but i am glad i gave it a chance rather than letting my dr pressure me into doing it when he wanted.
    tinabeana9503

Answer by tinabeana9503 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2009