New foods for a 1 year old?

Just wondering what kind of foods I can start my son on. He is turning 1 in a week. He loves food and will eat anything, but Id like to keep it healthy. He has about eight teeth...

urhoneydip84

Asked by urhoneydip84 at 3:07 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• veggies.. fruits...
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:16 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• aside from fruits & veggies, my son also likes rice, mashed potatos (mashd sweet potatos are a big hit), meatloaf, spaghetti. Oh, and oyster crackers are a great snack food if he gets bored w/cheerios, etc.
    TristansMom440

Answer by TristansMom440 at 4:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Whatever you're eating, let him have it, too. Now's the time to work on those meal habits you want him to have.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:44 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I agree with TiccledBlue. My DD eats everything that we eat. So she's had a bit of everything! From sushi (no raw fish) to lobster to avacadoes and turnips. Variety is key :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I give mine whatever I eat. She also will be one in a week. I feed her whatever she wants. She likes anything and loves to try new food. If it is not good for her I will let her at least try it. If I eat it I can't tell her no.
    Blessedmommy215

Answer by Blessedmommy215 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2009