Do you do anything special or put fancy doodads in your kids' hair for school picture day?

2 of my girls have school pictures today. I don't normally do much, if anything, to their hair (they don't want/ask me to) but today they both did - didn't do much since I'm not sure what time pics are and I couldn't find the hairspray to keep anything in place. For the older 1 I just did a french braid "headband" (pinterest idea) and lightly straightened the rest to smooth it.

idareyou

Asked by idareyou at 8:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• I don't do anything super special. Most days when my daughter was younger she had some type of barrette/headband/ponytail holder that coordinated with her outfit anyway, so on picture days she did as well. But it was an everyday thing.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I don't know how to do anything like that. They are better off if it's just combed and clean.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:54 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I only have a son.....so not much to do. lol. I do dress him up a bit though. Cordoroy pants with a nice button up shirt. When I was a kid, my mom always put curlers in my hair the night before, then put me in a pretty dress.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• not really..i actually make sure his hair IS combed before he gets out of the car and walks in the school doors...other than that, he's an active child...he's going to take a picture that represents him..not a manikin in a store window. as for clothing, they only shoot from the chest up..he could be in a skirt and it wouldn't matter.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I feel really lucky with my son - his hair lays so perfectly, it's pretty much impossible for it to get messed up - I never even have to comb it and it looks freshly washed and brushed. Not sure what I'll do for my youngest DD's hair - her pics are on Thursday. None of my girls are big on stuff in their hair - I'm surprised oldest DD let me braid hers, she usually just wants it all down and not frizzy!
    idareyou

Comment by idareyou (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I think I will just bath them that morning. Their hair looks much better that way.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• my girls always go to school with their hair combed and tied up, but no fancy clips or ribbons or anything, I hate those things :P lol
    I have did the curlers the night before a couple times though that way their regular double ponytails are a bit fancier or something but last year my younger dd's came out SO curly and frizzy she kinda looked like a poodle :P it was still cute of course but I think we'll do something a little LESS fancy this year :D
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 9:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I just dress them in polo style shirts. Now that they are in high school they dress themselves. They take freshmen pictures before school starts so they can get their school ID within the first couple of days of school.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• My school age kids are the boys, so we make sure they have nice fresh haircuts. I have no idea how I will react when DD has to take school pictures.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• 80s pinkSometimes!  Their pics always come out so good!

isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 18, 2012