Same Day Flight plans.....

There was a death in the family and we need to get their immediately. However; funds are low so I'm here asking if anyone knows if there's an airline that would give you a discounted flight and if so; what do you need for this process.

Heavy Heart....shrugging

georgiagirl69

Asked by georgiagirl69 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2012 in Travel

• Call the airlines and let them know of the circumstances. You will need a copy of the death certificate. It has to be an immediate family member, no cousins, aunts or uncles. It's only for parents, spouse, siblings or your off-spring ONLY!!
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• Tell me where you are leaving from and going, and let me see what I can find.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• PS-sorry about your loss.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• the best way is to look on Price line and make a bid, now that beng said, you can' be picky about the time you leave come back, etc. Be sure that you can go when you book it,,
    I have gotten same day fares for 75% off by doing this.
    Airlines will give a grievance fare for a child, spouse or parenta fare, but it is usually only about 25% off the current price of the flight.

I don't know where your going, but Southwest sometimes has last minute specials, my Mom had an emrency in FL last week, and I found her $100 ticket each way on Southwest.
    kimigogo

• 5

Consider the fact that deep-discount airlines like ATA and Southwest don't offer bereavement airfares since their regular prices are so low. If you occasionally use these carriers, you may try their websites for a cheap last-minute fare before checking with other airlines.

Tips & Warnings

Most airlines offer bereavement airfares only for the death or grave illness of an immediate family member, not for the passing of a friend or distant relative.

Read more: How to Get Bereavement Airfare | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2087405_get-bereavement-airfare.html#ixzz26pGXGwbf

Answer by Bmat at 9:00 AM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I am very sorry for your loss. I found the following on ehow.com

Instructions

1 Call airlines directly or have your travel agent do it. Bereavement airfares aren't available over the Internet. Most bereavement airfares amount to roughly half of an average last-minute airfare.
    2 Research last minute bargain airfares through the various airlines on their Internet websites. Some last-minute Internet airfares can be cheaper than bereavement airfares. Try websites like Expedia or Cheap Tickets as well.
    3 Gather basic information about the deceased, date of the funeral service and the phone number and address of the funeral home. The airline salesperson may need this information when you purchase the ticket.
    4 Remember that you need a copy of the death certificate or other documentation upon your return flight. Most bereavement fares give you an open return flight (more)

Answer by Bmat at 8:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2012