i THINK im starting to have contractions....

ever since earlier today i keep getting these pains where my stomach gets hard and i get these pains in my stomach and vagina area and cramps in my sides and lower back. at the grocery store they stopped me in my tracks and i had to stop and lean on the cart for a while this last one i curled up in a ball and almost wanted to cry. they arent close together to even have to time them yet, but they are intense sometimes.

i had about 8 in the past 5 hours or so...
sound like contractions??? im 39 weeks today

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if your 39 weeks u could be starting 2 go into labor,or it could just be braxton hicks,has the baby slowed down in movement?
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 4:15 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• yeah she has. i had pre term labor before and braxton hicks and these are much dif than bh... i could have let a tear or two out on the last one lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• yeah it sounds like u might be ready 2 pop that baby out lol i did the same thing with my 2nd girl and everyone kept telling me its just bh well the very next day they was worse and i was like 37 weeks and thank god i had my od apt that day cuz i was in full blown labor even tho my contractions was like 6 to 8 mins apart and its funny this was on 04 /01/04everyone thought i was pulling a big prank
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 4:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• haha thats funny sauna!!

i really hope i am going to go into labor soon... i LOVE being pregnant and idont mine if she stays in here, but i just caNNOT wait to see her little face!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• aww thanx i try lol..yeah i know i was like that with all 3 of mine i wanted them here so bad but once they came i felt so empty and wished i could just went a few more weeks lol but seeing them lil faces and counting them lil toes is the best feeling in the world,then they grow up and will not stop asking ?s and asking 2 watch that damn dora and sponge bob when all you want is 2 go pee with the door closed and take a bath,i miss long sit down baths=( lol but i love being this drove bananas mommy
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 4:43 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I think you are starting labor, this probally will go on for days. If you don't have an appt. this week with your OB maybe you should try to schedule one..just in case. I remember "real" contractions would start to come every 2 to 5 min....constant...I had to lay down with each one....Best of Luck to you!!! The day is almost here!!!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2009