Which company/brand straw sippy cups are your kids using?

I have used munchkin, its been pretty good but it hard to clean its straw especially when my son stashes it somewhere and i find it the next day.
playtex, didnt like them much
and recently ive bought NUK. they are turning out to be pretty satisfactory, just had a few spills on the couch.

DS prefers the ones with straw for milk and juice, he uses the one with the mouth piece for water only.

which ones do your kids use? do you still have spills even though it says "no spill" on the box?

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• none my 14 month old DGD stopped using anything but a normal cup at 12 months
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I used the nuby straw cups for my daughter but they were a pain in the butt to clean. I now use the take and toss cups and just wash them by hand. She uses an open cup everywhere but the car or with grape juice.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• When mine were little they weren't allowed to walk around the house with a sippy cup of any kind. Eating and drinking are in the kitchen only! I think I used the Playtex ones, but it's been so long ago. Then I bought these cups with a lid and raised mouth piece, like what they have for coffee lids. They were easy to clean and no plastic in the mouthpiece.

Any dietician will tell you to get the kids used to only eating and drinking in the kitchen. It will solve a lot of problems in life. It prevents over eating. They have to conscientiously think about food first and not unconsciously shove food in their mouths. I don't allow food in the living room unless we have guests. For the same reason I don't eat popcorn at the movies. It becomes an unconscious process.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 1:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• When mine were using them, we used Nuby. But I don't allow them anywhere but the kitchen, at the table.

Answer by missanc at 2:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• i used to make him drink in the kitchen too. but its been over a year now and he's such a picky eater (refer to my previous questions,lol) so when i force him to finish his milk in the kitchen, he just pushes it away that he's "all done"
    so ive just given up now and hand him the bottle when he's watching tv. he finishes it atleast.
    but you guys are right, i should keep drinks in the kitchen. i dont allow food in the living room anyways.
    cookie269

Comment by cookie269 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• i dont use just one kind
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 2:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2012