Pat downs at school

My 14 yr old daughter had a pat down by three men at her junior high school and I feel like it was against her rights to be searched by a male superior. I feel they should've had a woman do that,no woman was present at the time.
Someone is also showing the Principal at her old junior high school my daughters personal facebook posts. My daughter feels like the principal is a pedophile and they are saying she has no right to say that at all. I understand how they feel but they also shouldn't have searched my daughter the way they did. I feel as a mom that I have a responsibility to protect my daughter from these kinds of invasion,but I try to defend her and no matter what I say or do somehow we have no rights. I have had several talks with my daughter on my concerns,I've told her that what she posts on facebook can be viewed by potential employers and anyone who maybe your "friend" and she must not post anything that could hurt her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• Honestly I would take her Facebook account away. do you realize how damaging accusations like that can be? Unless you have proof that the principal is a child molestor, she had better knock that stuff off.

May I ask why your daughter was "patted down"? I am sure the suspected she had a weapon or drugs, and 3 people did it so they could have witnesses to it.

I think the real issue here may be your kid, I would suggest starting some kind of therapy, and laying down the law with her.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• The pat-down is a big issue for me. How were there no female employees available to do a pat-down on a teenage girl? And why did all three men pat her down? What the hell is going on there? She also needs to make her FB page visible only to friends.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• 1) the pat downs. meeting with the superintendent tomorrow morning. Urgently. Consider bringing a lawyer. Goto Radio shack for a handheld recorder.

2) you should be checking her facebook daily to make sure she isn't posting anything bad. since you're so concerned, I am pretty much assuming you don't have the password

3) consider deleting facebook til the drama dies down
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• Ooh, I missed that she had accused her principal of being a pedophile on her FB page. You need to talk with her about what libel is, then she needs to take an enforced break from using FB for a few months while she thinks about what can happen if she's sued for libel.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• Okay ladies,, we don't know the issue behind the pat down,, What if they thought she had a weapon, would it have been better to not do it, and have a child injured or killed? The key pharase is there was no female available, so whatever it was must have been pretty serious, if they went ahead with it.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• They had no reason,and they didn't give the principle any reason to pat them down,they were outside because they didn't get a slip to go to a class. Their was one kid however that had smokes on him. But my daughter didn't know this till they searched the boys. Then the principal searched her. He touched her butt,and put his hands inside her pants pockets and pulled out her pockets,he then searched her bra. She had no weapons or anything on her at all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• She accused him of being a pedophile after the fact,because of the way he searched her.
    Anonymous

• Well you have posted about this before, but I thought the pedophile principal was at the "old junior" high? I still think that you daughter has some issues, but if you would like to focus on the pat down, instead of why she was off school property, why she hasn't been going to class, and making accusations that could get you both sued on Facebook go ahead.

I think you should file a complaint with the school district about the pat down, but you know as well as I your kid has been having some issues, and if you don't help her, it is most likely going to be bad for her.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• She had no weapons I know my daughter and she does NOT carry any weapons on her at all. She was wearing skinny jeans so their was obviosuly nothing showing on her whatsoever. Their were females available in the office but they didn't call them out. They want our kids to follow the rules but they can't even follow their own rules and regulations.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• kimi I already posted about why she was across the street.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2012