hi how does one get the feeling of wanting another child

i would love another child but i can not have one alone financially etc and dont think that is right anyway, i have one son who will be 8 this month, and i am not dating anyone, i would love to get married and have one more child , and iam 48 help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry but I don't agree with women having baby's at your age. The chances of birth defects is A LOT higher..such as down syndrome etc. and you should be entering menopause soon! have you considered adopting? There's so many babies out there that need a home, and are left in foster care for way too long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I think women can have babies when ever they want as long as they are aware of the risks. Anyway, I was wondering what you would think of being a foster parent? It doesn't involve you having to find a good man, date him for a few years, decide you want to marry him, get married, get pregnant, and then having a baby. All of that could take years and there are no guarantees. Being a foster parent is such an important thing to do and it could really help you with your need to nurture. THere are lots of kids out there that need love and you have lots to give!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I understand what you are saying but please don't be so baby hungry that you put yourself into a relationship thats not good for you and you end up unhappy. Parenting comes out of the heart and not the body. How about considering foster parenting or adoption. I know its more expensive to adopt but if you register as a foster parent, its likely that many of those children come up for adoption. You sound like a great mom and your child is very lucky. Maybe consider giving that love and acceptance to a child that is not biologically yours?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:42 AM on Feb. 7, 2009