Title of Article: Will science someday rule out the possibility of God?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49074598/ns/technology_and_science-science/

What do you think?  Do you believe in God? Does the article change anything  you believe?

I believe in God.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I don't think my religion and science are at odds. They complement each other perfectly well and give me a more complete picture. I don't have to choose between the 2

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• No I don't think science can ever rule out God. I love science and God I don't seem them incompatable. The more science advances the more my beliefs are affirmed. I believe math and physics is the language of God.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• No, I think God co exists with Science.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I think the more we learn, the harder it is to believe in the existence of any gods.  At very least, it rules out the possibility of the god of the Abrahamic tradition as creator and ruler.  Considering all we currently know about the universe, and to compare it to the god of the bible who is at once the creator, omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omnipresent, it seems more than a bit unlikely.  It doesn't add up.  Whether people will begin to see it that way, and let go of their superstitions, is (unfortunately, in my opinion) as equally unlikely as the possibility of the existence of such a supernatural being.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• Yes.
    I think, however that people will still cling to the idea of a deity. It is more comforting.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I think it's entirely possible but, many will still choose to ignore & dismiss science.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• Change YES, as we learn more and more in regards to the Natural world around us there is less and less need for "super natural" entities to explain them. Will it ever completely disappear, No but some religions will certainly take some heavy blows from their unwillingness to change from prehistoric notions.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I think science may continue to rule out different kinds of belief, different religious theories, as it has geocentrism and so forth. But I don't think we're anywhere close to ruling out God altogether.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I doubt it will be ruled out anywhere in the near future, but I do see the importance of religion and believing changing over time.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• Nope. Three reasons:
    1. Which God are you talking about? Even if you are talking about a Christian God, which individual's version? We all know the story of God keeps changing as humanity progresses - and that's a good thing in many ways - so how can you disprove something that can't be defined? You can discredit a specific story, but then the story will just change.
    2. The people who try to use science to justify (or disprove) the existence of God aren't really using science. They don't understand it, so again, the real facts and scientific arguments are irrelevant.
    3. People don't believe in God because the facts point to it. Faith and feelings are everything in people's religion. "Proof" is irrelevant here.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 7:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2012