Can someone PLEASE talk me down??

So my husband's best friend turned 30 this week. Last night they went out to celebrate. I, of course, stayed home with the baby. It is now 7:45 am and he is still not home. Of course I know where he is, he is at his friends appartment, which happens to be in the basement of our home. So I guess technically he IS home. He got ridiculously drunk last night, stumbled into my room at like 1:30 am just to let me know that they were back home and going to the apartment downstairs. Then I called him on his cell phone because they were knocking things around and making sooo much noise down there! He was not very nice on the phone with kind of a "Well it's my friend's birthday" kind of atttitude. I guess I'm just made because he went out partying and I NEVER do that anymore and also because he seemed to be so rude last night, and finally I am also made because he is going to be sooooo hung over when he finally comes home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Okay, he's not out at a bar, you know where he is, and you know he's not lying. Just with that right there, consider yourself lucky. He may be hung over, dont baby him, but dont be a bitch either. Just ignore him. Maybe??
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 7:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Cont.
    So I know he'll sleep all day today and be all sick and I'm going to be left alone with the baby AGAIN!!! I know I should just suck it up it's only a one time thing he doesn't do this that often. But I need to be seriously talked down!! I am so effing pissed and I can't rationalize myself down like I normally would!!! I feel like I just WANT to be mad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I agree just ignore him, let him feel the true pain of his actions!! Men are pigs but don't let him use that as an excuse. Once he's sober and not hungover, sit down and explain to him why you have been ignoring him all day. I wish you luck!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 7:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• been there done that. I agree with you, you have a right to be mad..when we have to be responsible they should have to too! I think there's a limit, and he crossed it. When we have responsibilities we need to stick to them. If I was invited out, I'd go for a few hrs..and I sure as hell wouldn't get wasted, birthday or not. He needs to smarten up he's a father now, not a teen that needs to go out and get plastered and party till dawn. I think you should tell him this, and wait for an apology for how rude he was too. When we have children we don't go out and get wasted like that, he'll be a write off for the day...point that out too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Don't be a bitch. That's good. Thanks. I was actually planning on being a bitch. You're right, it could be sooo much worse and I know that. THat's why I want to get talked down. I know that i've got to give him some free time and I have to let him have fun with his friends. It just pisses me off for some reason! I wish it didn't.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you have your head on straight- good for you! It also sounds as though you aren't getting time off, although you didn't say this. You should have time off, too, to go out with your friends. Not to get drunk of course- that would be silly, but a girl's day or evening out where you see a movie, get a meal, talk and laugh with your friends. It was actually a good thing that your husband ended up in the basement so you didn't have to deal with his... condition. He'll have after effects today. Try the attitude of being loving and patient, and he probably will appreciate it, and may be more agreeable to your getting your chance to get out.

Answer by Bmat at 8:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• It's your own jealousy getting the better of you. Arrange some time out with the girls. Recharge your batteries.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I agree with the idea that you need your time out too so you don't get resentful of your husband being with his friend(s). Let your husband know when you are going and that he will need to babysit....after that, let him figure out everything else. Go have a good time, don't call home (no matter what). If you don't take time for yourself....it ends up coming back to haunt you and you become resentful. Time off with girls or to do something you want will benefit, you, your husband and your children in the long run because you will be a happier person and you are allowing time for your husband to bond with your child.
    momjs www.cjkidz.com
    momjs

Answer by momjs at 9:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• That is ridiculous. Grown men should not act like that. Period.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 12:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2009