More Transparency Out The Window!!!

Obama is planning to have the leader of the 2010 census report to the White House instead of the Department of Commerce as the Constitution specifies.

After he announced Judd Gregg as his pick for DOC head, liberals screamed "a Republican will control the census!"

Now they're going to take an unprecedented power grab in moving control to his political cronies. Why is this important? The numbers in the census decide which states get congressional seats and where money is spent/allocated. The democrats have been fighting for years to census count using sampling instead of counting actual live people (no opportunity for fraud there!)

I'm sure they've gotten the people who registered Mickey Mouse to vote in November all lined up!

Will the same people crying about hypothetical abuses of power for the last 8 years be all over this?!

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docid=news-000003024858

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 7:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw this last night when I got home, and really just kind of stood there for a minute thinking the same think as you Lori, but it quickly turned to the fact that very few will understand the significance and very few stations will carry this issue on the news for more than an airing or two. It is significant but I'm afraid there is not one liberal on cafemom who understands the magnitude of it, or CARES as long as the black guy is still in office. The liberals who DO understand this are currently working for Obama.
    And yes, typical anonymous liberal personal attack or insult response when they have no idea what the facts are.
    thankfully, this one can be reversed in 4 years and let it go back to the Dept. of Commerce as oringinally intended.
    Poor/minority citizens cry they were never counted and government 'forgot' about them. BS, they were the ones avoiding being counted it's a voluntary activity.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Actually, the US Census Bureau projects (based on growth statistics) two years before each census which states will gain or lose seats. In the past several decades, their projections have always been correct after they've tabulated the census results. There's never a big shock over which states gain/lose seats. Lockheed Martin won the contract to calculate and standardize census data several years ago (during the Bush administration). Kind of frightening that the largest defense contractor is in control of the census. That concerns me much more than what you're freaking out about. But in reality, it's all standarized and doesn't really trouble me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Yea, I saw this on the news. Don't expect some of his supporters to see a problem with it. I seriously do not think some of them understand enough about politics/government. (note: the emphasis on some)..  It's kinda sad

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Its what we have to look forward to for the next 4 yrs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• "With all of its political implications, hijacking the Census from the Commerce Dept. and letting it be run out of Rahm's office is like putting PETA in charge of issuing hunting permits," a Senior Republican Senate Aide fumed to the Sleuth. (The aide said he needed to remain anonymous for fear of "being redistricted -- Chicago style.")

House Minority Leader John Boehner "The United States Census should remain independent of politics; it should not be directed by political operatives working out of the White House."

Obama is turning the US into Chicago Style Politics indeed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I'm not quite sure why you keep ranting about Obama and his policies. Are you thinking maybe if you squak loud enough he will say something like "hey there are some cafe moms who really don't like me, so Mr. McCain ... I'm handing over the presidency to you"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• ANON 8:02 AM

If this is no big deal, because everything is already a done deal, for the 2010 census, then why was there 1 BILLION dollars in ADDITIONAL funding for the census in the stimulus package?

http://www.readthestimulus.org/index.php?doc=housedem0115&page=45

Could it be that Obama wants to CHANGE what was already arranged?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:51 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Where the hell are you getting your synopsis from? This article most certainly doesn't support your claim at all... Did you even read the link you posted?
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• You didn't answer my question. Do you really think YOU can do anything about it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• ANON 8:50AM

Wow. Are you really that clueless?!

We're not bringing to light OBAMA'S policies for his benefit--he knows what his agenda is!!! We ARE simply trying to convey to those who voted for him, that some of us who didn't vote for him actually knew what we were talking about when we said he wasn't the right man for the job, and HOPE that people will see with their own eyes, that CHANGE is not necessarily synonymous with good!

And, YES! Every time Obama and his administration attempts to undermine the Constitution and find backhanded ways to destroy the principles by which our country was built, we ARE going to post it!

Let me guess, you're all for the censoring of conservative media, huh?! You would have done well living in communist Russia, China, or under some rebel dictator. Well, half of America isn't interested in that way of life, and will attempt to fight it every step of the way!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2009