Was it significantly harder for you to lose weight after having your 2nd child?

With my first I was down to pre pregnancy weight and clothes in 2 months, although my body was different and I got stretch marks I was still able to get the weight down. I also exclusively breastfed. By her 2nd birthday I was 20 lbs smaller than I was when I got pregnant.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2012 in General Parenting

• It was significantly harder for me to lose weight after the 4th.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• YES! I was 30 with my first and lost almost all of it. With my second I was 38 and never lost it. In fact, I weigh more now than I did when I was 9 months pregnant with my first! Lovely.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• sort of...my body was much more different again after my 2nd...much saggier tummy, sucks & hard to get rid of
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• yes
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• Fortunantly for me it was much easier after my youngest. I thought after 2 c-sections I would have a hell of a time losing weight ,but the weights coming of a lot easier then after my first. I'm smaller now then when I found out I was pregnant with #2.
    JennieMarie1103

Answer by JennieMarie1103 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• Everyone is different. It depends on age (metabolism), diet, exercise, etc. You're tiny to begin with, so you will probably be "one of those" who we all want to smack! lol :p Don't worry hon, it's all good. Just enjoy your new baby when it comes. And the BF helps w/ the weight loss too. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I would rather be smacked by all of you than struggle for years to lose this weight that's for sure. :( I'm stubborn though- it should come off.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I lost my weight within weeks with my first.. my second was a little bit longer it took a year.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 10:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• No, it was much easier - running after my first while nursing my 2nd took it off in no time. Within a couple weeks I was under my pre pregnancy weight.

Answer by missanc at 11:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• its been easier this time around. i started at a lower weight w/ #2 and was very careful not to gain a whole lot like i did w/ my first. its been over a year and ive easily maintained about 10 lbs under where i was before he was born. im still fat but i was before haha.

what has been harder is that my stomach is flabby & stretched out even after having done a 10 min ab video every other night for 6 months...w/ my first my abs went back to normal on their own in a few months.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2012