Do contractions fulcuate 1 or 2 minutes when your in actual labor?

I woke up to a contraction at around 5am and they have been pretty regular since then, they were about 8 minutes apart and they are getting closer but the times are fluctuating a little like between 5 and 8 minutes apart. SO my Question maybe kinda stupid I dont know but do contractions fluctuate in times like this when your really in labor or are these just more braxton hicks. And they are uncomfortable but they aren't excruciatingly painful. Could this be actual labor, because if it is I need to call someone to come and pick me up.

J.e.n

Asked by J.e.n at 8:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honey...CALL SOMEONE! Go to the freakin doctor! Not trying to be mean, but if there that close you need to get checked, if there regular, you need to get checked..CALL SOMEONE! Good Luck!
    HappyWifeNmom

Answer by HappyWifeNmom at 8:32 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• if the contractions are lasting 60-90 seconds and increasing in strength then you should probably go in. you can use www.contractionsmaster.com to moniter your contrations...its really easy and it will show the duration and length in between contractions.
    aguerra13

Answer by aguerra13 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• *I* personally wouldn't go unless they were 4 minutes apart, 1 min long, for an hour! That is just my opinion... You could call someone and unless you are way early (pre 36 weeks), there really isn't a need to rush to the hospital. But that's just me. I am the oddball lol. I wouldn't go to the hospital unless I had to.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't go. I called my doc and went to the hosp when my contractions were about 10 min apart and had been consistently that way from 3am-noon. I went to the hosp at 1pm and was there until 3pm the next day. They ended up having to induce me the next morning because labor stalled and it was hell having to sit in the hospital and wait for something to happen. Stay home until you feel you may not make it to the hospital! Just My Opinion tho, if you worried def call your doc!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would not go in this early, either. It is possible that this wonky-wobbly stuff is trying to get baby into position and might stop altogether. Or the contractions could continue on, iron out today, or next week.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't go either. I had off and on contracts that weren't painful for 2 weeks before I went into labor. And my daughter was 2 weeks early.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 12:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• im in the first part of labor im a half a cm and contracting between 5- 10 mins but you can go from not dialated to crowning in 5 mins or less or at least i did so i would say get your butt to the doc asap good luck
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• well all i can say i was in labor for 4wks and in realll labor i was 3cm and the docs kept stoping it because i was only 36wks the docs said well its not like we will induce her but they ended up doing it 5days latter so i was 36wk5dys my son came wthin 20mins my first son my eperdural didnt have time to workso they told me to wait till they got 4-5mins apart got pretty regular and were lasting for more than 60-70secs long and then temper off....but i would love for you to go get cheaked becaues babies will come when they want too and all docs do it stop them from coming get cheaked hun and update us too!!!!!!!
    wantababy3

Answer by wantababy3 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2009