When will we accept that racism will always exist and get on with it?

Racism will always exist. Some people will hate because other people aren't like them. One could argue that McCain didn't win the election because he was white. It was the fist election that had a non white candidate run for the presidency. I don't care if Obama is green. If he can get this country going, good for all of us. If he can't, he can't and we need to move on. Time will tell. The time we spend talking about IF or THAT we are racist takes us away from the real issues and working together. If your racist, I don't care to spend my time changing your mind or holding a grudge.

happi-ladi

Asked by happi-ladi at 8:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am so sick and tired of hearing about what color the president is! I am sick of it! He is the 44 th president, period, not the 1st black president. Will everyone just Get over it.
    Anonymous

• I think calling anyone who doesnt agree with you racist is an easy way out. I know racism does exist but to throw the race card out anytime someone says something you dont agree with is judgmental itself. As for Obama, well I didnt vote for the guy and I am into politics. I come from a family who loves discussing religion and politics and that isnt going to change just because Obama is in office. Politics is politics and itll go on. I am still waiting for him to win me over in anyway, and he hasnt. It isnt going to stop me from talking politics though just because someone wants to label me a racist when they dont know me or even know what race I am. For all anyone knows I could be black, chinese etc.

Answer by gemgem at 8:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• gemgem, exactly. it doesn't mean you are racist and we should keep giving our opinions. hopefully, there is intelligent, informed discussion and it isn't based on racist views primarily. i would prefer to just ignore it if it is. you can't always tell. it will get us no where to be PC here. glad you are expressing your views. i don't like Obama's policies so far. I didn't vote for him and i think the past few weeks hasn't convinced me that i was wrong to vote to keep him out of office. nothing to do with him being black.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Accept it ........YES.......Hope it will change......YES.....Will it .................NO................Have i moved on being a African Amrican.......YES
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I don't think the orginal post was saying that people who don't agree are racest I think she was trying to say when will we just say obama did this and quit focusing on black obabma did this. we need to quit looking at him and see him as a man not a black man. I;m with her I don't care if he is green if he does the job. same with mccain I didn't vote on race I voted on the platforms
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I do not accept this: Racism will always exist.
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I, for one, could care less about the color of a persons skin. The person inside is what counts. I didn't vote for Obama and I do not like alot of his policies. I think he likes to be a smooth talker and speaks what he thinks people want to hear. I think he will be a do as I say, not as I do president. I do hope he can prove many of us wrong and get this country back into the swing of things and on the road to recovery.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I will never accept it or stop trying to change ignorant people.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 10:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• "Racism will always exist." Can't say I'm happy with it but I don't think it is going away. Racism goes in every direction, as does other forms of prejudice.

People judge people on their skin color, the clothes they wear, where they live, how they school their children, the language they speak, the religion they follow, their political affiliations, their educational background, the way they speak, etc. We all make judgements every day based on what we know, even if we don't realize it. To not acknowledge that is to ignore a basic fact of human nature.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:15 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Racism only still exists because of the ignorance of others. If you are racist, because of what one or a few individuals have done to you, it's wrong.. that goes for prejudges as well..
    But you can't change the ignorance of these type of people, that are filled with hate.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2009