I am looking for a legitimate work from home job to supplement my income. I can devote several hours a weekday and more on the weekend. I am not interested in spending alot of money on out of pocket start up cost. If any one knows of anything please let me know.

yukonmomof2

Asked by yukonmomof2 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• There really aren't any legitimate work from home "JOBS" where you earn a paycheck, at least not ones that are easily found. Most that have an actual job with a paycheck have worked for their company for awhile and still commute to the office once or twice a week.

Other than that things like Direct Selling companies, such as Avon, Tupperware, Party Lite, may be inexpensive to get into but the pay you earn is usualy not that good. Most of the time you spend what you earn on buying catalogs, samples and supplies, sometimes to the point where you are paying the company out of pocket and losing money.

You can always try things on your own such as selling on eBay, babysitting, grocery shopping or running errands for elderly neighbors, housecleaning or any number of other at home based businesses. But while many may post trying to recruit you into their company, most reps make very little if anything
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I work for 3 direct sales companies that are fun and easy and you pick the start up cost on all but one, if you are interested please PM!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I have a health and wellness biz ! Very affodable and people are wanting this product ! Check out my profile here on cafemom for more info..
    Have a great weekend!
    ~hugs~
    Jen
    uniquecandle27

Answer by uniquecandle27 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I have a candle business called Diamond Creek Candles and it's free to sign up! I also am a Tupperware Rep and I only had to pay a small fee for my kit. Both are great business's and can earn you money. Let me know if you are interested in both or just one and I can get you started. Let me know what you think.
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• west at home is a call center job that you can do from home...and it is legit....good luck
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i work with direct sales company too... there are a lot of offers out there. just be informed. get the information from a few of them and make a choice! i love mine because i LOVE the products. i respect and admire people who do the inhomes because they have to set up and take down etc. i guess for that part i am lazy... so that is why i LOVE my business. i don't have to do any of that. but am glad there are women out there that will, because i like to buy their products too!
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• GIrl, start your own business!  Just give a few seconds thought to what you like to do.. go from there.  Chefck out www.stuffformoms.info.  There are alot of great ideas and even some freelance links if you're interested.

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Have you considered Tupperware? Check out my site and let me know if you would like more information. my2.tupperware.com/amyroca
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 11:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• There are a ton of direct selling companies.  A couple of things you want to look for -- What does it cost to join?  What is your selling discount %?  If it's a party company- what are the hostess rewards, and who pays for them?   How do you place orders?  What is your support?  Are there minimums or quotas?  When and how do you get paid?

They are  all businesses.  The key is to make sure you don't put more in than what you make.  If you have to continually buy expensive things from the company or carry stock, you're not going to make any money, just the company is.

Make a list of what is important to you, and shop around.  I made a chart and spent 6 months deciding on which company was the best fit for me.  Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

redhddiva

Answer by redhddiva at 3:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• MonaVie - http://www.thegreatproduct.com/ugalde- opportinuty Section - passcode: Freedom

February is FREE Wholesale Distributor Signup Month

Visit my page for more info - Happy to answer any and all ?s

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 10:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2009