Has your dog ever swallowed anything they shouldn't?

Our two dogs have their cages (which they only use when service people come over and we need to pen them up) in our unfinished basement. It's a bit chilly down there so we throw old towels into their cages for them to snuggle up with. They usually take them out and play tug-a-war with them and rip them to shreds, lol.

I woke up this morning to a chunk of towel that was probably about 1/6 of the size of a normal towel all gooey and balled up on the floor. My larger dog, I'm assuming, swallowed the towel and got it caught in his stomach! I'm so thankful it didn't pass into his intestines! We can't afford thousand dollar surgeries to remove towels, lol.

Needless to say, they will not be getting towels anymore.

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pets

• my nieghbors dog ate some undewear and they got stuck and he had to have surgery and almost died.. my dog on the other hand has eaten: sippy cups lids( jumps up and gets em out of the sink) rubber toy bugs, pieces of blankets ( small ones that he poops out) the empty pob jar out of the recyling... a pop can (took it from him) a whole pan of brownies (we had to make him throw up that time.. gross) and bascailly anything left with in reach of rottwieler( whihc is hard cuz hes big) i guess weve just been lucky so far
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My brothers dog, the sister of our dog, ate a baby wipe. She eventually passed it, but out the other end.

Our dog, these are black labs by the way, has eaten indoor plants, poisnous berries (that was a great bill), a box of kleenex, and other various items.

My parents black lab, when she was a puppy, would eat my underwear and then puke them up on my parents bed, haha.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• oh and socks... he is obsessed with socks.. always havin to take them from him... silly puppy
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• When my dog was a puppy she *tried* to eat a pair of my panties...But luckily my husband was sitting right there and saw her kind of choking on something...so he opened her mouth and saw "a stringy thing" (thats what he said) so he pulled and out came a pair of my panties! He yelled for me and I came running and he was shocked and said "LOOK WHAT I JUST PULLED OUT OF LUCY'S THROAT!!!" It was really gross!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Oh!! And my mom's dogs ate a bunch of lollipops that my little brother had *hidden* in his bedroom...well they had diarrhea in the house and the sticks came out and my mom thought they had worms!! She freaked out and took them to the vet. (With the collected poop! Gross!) The vet started laughing and asked her if we had any lollipops in the house.

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:59 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• my dogs have eaten underware, bras (even the clips in the back), my fiances baseball mitt, towels, blankets, gumbands, paper, toilet paper, dirty diapers, wipes, A&D ointment, stuffing from pillows and stuffed animals, chewed and swalled pieces of their bones, and pretty much anything else i can think of!!! Needless to say my dogs were soooo bad during their chewing stage and im finally getting a handle on them! Oh and they ate an entire big thing of rolaids that i desperately needed while i was preg for my heartburn
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• yes!! all the time we have a boxer that eats socks and pukes them back up all the time! and our doberman ate a Coach purse, a bag of chocolate, part of a christmas ornament, high heels, the stuffing inside a blanket, one of my daughters toys, and a couple pairs oh her shoes.

these dogs drive me crazy!!! lol
    but my poodle hasnt ever ate anything except a rock lol
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 10:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• What is it with dogs and rocks? Seriously? I have known a couple of dogs to eat rocks! I can kind of understand the other things...Maybe they eat purses and high heels because of the leather? And panties because they smell like their owners crotch (that is a stretch I know) But a rock? What does that smell like?
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 11:44 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My dog used to eat his own pooop!
    Anonymous

• Years ago I had a dog that ate my wedding set. The engagement ring and wedding band were welded together into one ring, and he ate it. I followed him aroud the yard for two days till he passed it out the back end. YUCK!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2009