Coffee while breastfeeding?

I was wondering if I could drink coffee while breastfeeding?

Danielle875

Asked by Danielle875 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• coffee is fine to drink while BFing....just drink it in moderation. caffiene can sometimes have an affect on babies.
    aguerra13

Answer by aguerra13 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• You can, everything in moderation. Some babies are sensitive to caffeine so it could be a problem, but most of the time it isn't. You don't want to drink like 10 cups of coffee though lol. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:07 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I didn't while BFing my daughter but I know plenty of people who do. Just be easy with it... not too much
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Why not just drink decaf coffee and have all the coffee you want?
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Just like anything else you eat or drink during breastfeeding it can disagree with your baby. So just watch for signs of gasiness, fussiness, etc. If it doesn't seem to bother him/her then your fine. like pp's said...just don't down a whole pot :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2009