has your toddler ever insisted on ANYHTING WIERD FOR BREAKFAST?

MY SON HAS BEEN GOING THOURGH A FOOD JAG LAETLY AND ITS A STRUGGLE TO GET HIM TO EAT ANYTHING!!! THIS MORNING I WAS GIVING HIM HIS BREAKFAST AND HE STARTED CRYING THAT HE WANTED PIZZA( WE DIDNT HAV ANY IN THE HOUSE SO I DK WHERE HE GOT THE IDEA) BUT I FINALLY GOT HIM TO TAKE A POP TART AND HE JUST LIKED THE FROSTING OFF... I COULDNT GET HIM TO TOUCH HIS CEREAL.. ANYONE ELSE TOT DONE THIS?
SORRY MY CAPS GOT STUCK FOR SOME REASON IM NOT YELLING

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My youngest is on a pizza and soup kick right now. He loves his alphabet soup and just devours plain pizza. My thinking is that as long as he is eating something and enjoying it, I don't care what it is, i'll give it to him. Just because it's not a breakfast food doesn't mean they can't eat it.
    meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 11:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My kids wanted grilled cheese with bacon and barbeque sauce for breakfast last week. Give the people what they want...
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 9:58 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• lol.. haha.. i wouldve but we had no pizza! thats funny!
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• My daughter has gone thru 2 reallly weird food things... First was cheetos. She would even be laying in bed crying for them, still asleep. The second was ketchup. She would litterally eat it with a spoon. YUCK! she would try to eat ONLY the ketchup, but we told her that she wouldn't get anymore if she ididn't eat her food. Cry or not, she would end up eating.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 10:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• my daughter has a cucumber obession. The first thing she asks for when she gets up is cumbers
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Chili . . . . . My 4 year old will ask for chili. Grosses me out, but . . . . I agree with MommyAddie, this is a fight we can't always win. As long as it is safe, give 'em what they want.
    BoiseStateMom

Answer by BoiseStateMom at 11:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Yup - which is why I make sure to give him choices for breakfast and limit to only things that we actually have AND that I'm willing to serve. Right now, one of his favorite things to eat for breakfast is just a plain, cold tortilla.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• lol!!! amymartine...my son carries a cucumber around the house chomping on it!!

I would try to offer fruit. Its sweet so it might stop him asking for pizza.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• my son has a majorly unhealthy obsession with bob evan's pancake sausage breakfast sticks, anything with strawberries, apple juice, soup(?) pizza and chicken nuggets, ithink it is normal... picky eating ... i hate breakfast food for breakfast, much prefer dinner for breakfast adn breakfast for dinner...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• my oldest lived for about 3 months on tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Three meals a day including breakfast. That's fine nothing wrong with indulging once in awhile. I actually have no problem with my kids eating pizza for breakfast. As long as they eat.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2009