hand that rocks the cradle:/

ok so i have this friend ive known her for about 5 years but wasnt super close til the last year. she isnt able to have another baby(she has a 12 yr old)when i was 6 months prego she started being around more, by the time i had the baby she was here at my house every day. i had a hard time with hormones and bonding so she slowly started taking over my dutys as a mom (diapers, feedings, ect..) didnt take me long to feel wierd around her and wanted to strangle her everytime she went near my baby, then i started getting paranoid wondering if she would take my baby in desperation, i never left her alone with my dd, not even to pee). im not kidding when i say she was TO attached to my dd. she would show up at my house when i told her i was buisy to give the baby gifts, she would even leave them on my porch if i didnt answer my door. am i out of line for feeling this was weird and creepy? i did talk to her about it, didnt get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah Anon... JEALOUS??? The creepy woman is trying to TAKEOVER the mothering of this little girl.

No. Tell her No. Go home. Adopt. Get out of your face and your home.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 1:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• sounds like she need a friend, but also sounds SUPER creepy. i would just slowly get away from her, or even sit down with her and tell her how you feel.
    aidensema

Answer by aidensema at 11:17 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• She has some other problems going on there---I doubt she would take your child but she could cause you some pretty serious problems if she decides you are not taking care of the little girl 'well enough". I would write down your observations for a month or so and if you are still concerned, go in and talk to a counselor of some sort and get a professional opinion.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• If you feel uncomfortable having her around you and your daughter than I suggest slowly backing away from her. If she brings presents return them to her and say she has it or doesn't need it. And make sure someone else knows about this situation!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i think you're being paranoid. if she can't have another baby she probably just wants to be around a baby because she misses it. i think you're just jealous, so you're trying to rationalize hating her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I think it's creepy too... while she might just really like you and your baby... it seems a bit too involved. I wouldn't cut her off... she sounds like a good friend. Just create more boundries with her.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Anon 11:25 . . what in the world are you talking about? What does she have to be jealous of her for? Go troll elsewhere.

To the question at hand, I think it's quite creepy. Bottom line, if you don't feel safe enough to even leave the room to go pee, you need to cut her off. Woman's intuition is a powerful thing and the whole thing is just too weird. It's like she became friends with you, BECAUSE you were pregnant. I would end the friendship, or maybe just return to being more like acquaintances. Good Luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• CREEPY. Don't ignore your instincts!! You can never be too careful when it comes to your children, regardless of what anyone thinks. I hope everything works out OK!!
    ErinMarie123

Answer by ErinMarie123 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Always listen to your instincts and take the proper steps to keep your baby safe.
    Anonymous