has anyone ever been to "family court" because your child had to many abstances?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, but I know someone who is dealing with this right now. They haven't been to court but the school did call CPS on her. Strangely enough, her son is home because the *school* keeps sending him home! He has a digestive disorder that is making him throw up pretty much daily, and the school's policy is if a child throws up they send the kid home. Go figure. Your kid can't come to school because he keeps throwing up, but they'll still call CPS on you because your kid isn't in school. If it were me, I'd just pull him out and homeschool.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 4:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I got a warning letter not too long ago
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• no..I did not even know they did that. The limit for absences in our school district is 10 days per semester. They always send out a notice about it. But to go to court? Your child would have to be absent quite a bit for that!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• no but a friend of mines family would have had she not been 16... They pretty much threw everything at her and said if she didn't come to school she would have to drop out....
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:26 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• why has the child had so many absences?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• no, i send my child to school when they are supposed to go
    Anonymous

• I got a letter once threatening court when my daughter had the flu real bad and was out of school for more then a week, I went up to the school and told them they knew she was sick (they sent her home) and if I had to go to court I was going to sue them, they apologized and dropped it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2009