My one year old cries constantly, what can I do?!?

My son just turned a year old last month, hes cries and cries and cries. He doesn't sleep good at night, he doesn't take good naps, he wants to be held constantly walking around. He doesn't like to just sit with you, he just wants to be moving around. Sometimes we can push him in the stroller around the house, and that will calm him, but we can't do this all day long! I need help! I am exhausted and don't know what to do. I know hes not hungry, doesn't have a dirty diaper, what could it be at one??? Its like his colic never ended!!

Peytonsmommy124

Asked by Peytonsmommy124 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could it be acid reflux? Poor guy. (((hugs)))
    Janette81

Answer by Janette81 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Talk to the pediatrician. This shouldn't be going on, for your sake or for the sake of the poor little one. I suppose that you could use one of those sling things that people wear to carry the baby around, if that would help. But ask the doctor about the crying.

Answer by Bmat at 11:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Wearing my baby really helps. My DD is 15 months and around 22lbs and I wear her in my Mei Tai a lot. No, I cant just sit with her in it, I have to be moving, but it helps when I am hanging laundry or cooking dinner to have her on my back. That way, she isnt pulling on my pants leg :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Get a wrap and wear him. He needs you physically - so do everything you can to be there for him. Wearing him will allow you and DH to get things done around the house while at the same time providing your DS all the comfort he needs. He may just need more physical time with you and crying is the only way he knows how to ask for it (especially if you pick him up as a response to his cries) - this is his way of meeting a need that he cannot express.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2009