What kind of stroller do you have?

I have a 3 yr old ds and a 15 month old dd. I need a double stroller for them but I don't know what kind to get. My ds weighs about 45 lbs and dd weighs about 20 lbs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• They have a stroller by Graco where the 3 old could stand in the back (it does have a seat for them o sit down but its like a bench) with a regular seat in front for your younger baby. The question to ask yourself will your 3 old sit in a stroller of would he rather walk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• He would rather be walking but I always worry that he will wonder off when we're in a crowded area like the mall. I've seen the sit and stand strollers and I'm leaning towards those.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I'm having the same issue- I'm due in 7 weeks and can't decide between a sit n stand or a double side by side. I like the sit n stand because you can snap the carseat in, but it's not as big as a tandem. I like the double side by side because it folds so small and, unlike the sit n stand, my 3 year old son would be able to nap in it. The downside to it is that the infant car seat doesn't snap in! Decisions, decisions. I went to the mall on Monday and my son slept in his stroller for nearly 2 hours. I think maybe I shouldn't get the sit n stand because he still naps in the stroller sometimes. If your son doesn't nap anymore, and prefers to walk, I'd probably get the sit n stand if I were you.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 12:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I found a side by side that I really like but its on the internet and i cant "try it out" first. And I need one that will fold up small (i have a tahoe and the back doesn't have much room) And like you if my ds gets tired I want him to be able to nap or at least be in a comfy seat to rest! Its such a hard decision! lol
    Anonymous

• I have a Baby Jogger double (and also a triple and single).

If you get a side by side, you'll only need 36" to be able to get it into buildings....

I hated the tandem I had. It was a pain when you had to pop it up over a curb or crack in the sidewalk. But we did a lot of walking. And the heavier the kids get, the harder it is to steer.

I've not had that problem with the joggers...even when the weights aren't even!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2009