Is there anything on TV similar to Reading Rainbow?

I used to watch Reading Rainbow when I was a kid and it really helped instill a love of books- is there anything on TV that has a similar message that is so wonderfully positive about reading?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2012 in General Parenting

• The only thing I have found that is sort of similar is Sammy's Story Shop on Qubo. I don't know it is still plays b/c we haven't gotten that channel to come in for a while now (antenna--no cable). Otherwise there is NOTHING like Reading Rainbow. It was such an awesome show.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• Not that I know of. TV has gotten really bad. Even some of the PBS stuff, too.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• well...Super Why bases episodes on real books but shows just like reading rainbow...I cant think of any. I know Electric Company is back on the air with new episodes! And Mr Rogers neighborhood got a make-over with animation to make it more "modern" :) I caught some of it the other day and it is kinda cute. Not the same, but cute.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2012