I can't think of any baby names that i like!

our problem is that every single name that we come across we associate it with someone we know or knew from our past! How am i going to find a name?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Buy a book or surf the web. You will find names you didn't even know could be names.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• My favorite growing up was always Jennifer Marie but since we adopted I've never been able to name a little girl. You're always going to know someone with the name unless you make it up. Think about names you like and not who else has that name.

You could be like my family...my brother named his son David and there were no other in the family. Now we have 3 with possibly 2 more to come thru marriage!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• i've looked at names on babycenter over and over and i'm tired of looking! are there any other good websites? i think i'm so tires of looking because i have to go through the names that arent actually names..stuff like kkaahhll and weird crap.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• You are going to look at that sweet little baby and you will know his name. My third son didn't have a name until he was two days old. We couldn't think of anything that we liked. On the second day I was alone with him and really looked into his eyes and asked what his name should be. As I looked at him I thought he looked just like my Grandma Natalia, Then I thought, "what would she name you?". I knew his name was Patrick. My grandma named my uncle Patrick, he passed away when I was a kid. We have always named our children after someone we want to honor in our family, so it was perfect. And he is such a Patrick!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• So when you hold him in your arms, you will know his name.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• Buy a really good name book.

Another idea is to think of movies, TV shows, books character names that you've liked.

There are tons of "underused" legit names out there.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• I like picking names from old TV show characters :) And there is nothing wrong with choosing a name that you already know someone that has the same one :) My cousin and I have the same name, My brother and dad have the same name. I think that if you like it, then who cares if you know another person by that name! Good luck!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• Just get a book and read it before you go to bed or in your spare time. Naming kids is so much fun! Don't get frustrated- there's more names out there than people you know I promise!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• make it up! apparently, lots of people do that. or their favorite color or fruit, or the name of the town/street where said baby was conceived...you get the picture.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• Take a break for some days/weeks and think about something else.
    Buy a really good book to narrow down your choice.
    Then decide once you hold your baby in your arms. That's what happened with our last boy, we knew which name suited him once we saw him.

And don't forget that your baby will wear his/her name his/her whole life, don't make up some totally weird name that will only embarrass your kid later on.
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2012