Getting belly button repierced

Ok I had my bellybutton pierced and I took it out when I was about 20 weeks pregnant. Now it looks like I have 2 belly buttons. :S I think I'm going to get it repierced so it at least looks normal again. Anyone done this and happy with decision? I have just been hearing alot of scary stories about it. Thanks!

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I had mine re pierced and I don't really regret it or think great of it. I have had it out for over 8 years now though. When they did it the second time it really hurt because there was a lot of scar tissue they had to go through. So with that in mind, there is no way I'm going to get it pierced again. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Scary like what?

Just get it redone and treat it the way you would or did the first time.
    It will b just fine I did it and it came out just fine.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Ive had mine done 3 times, the first time i had it done it got ripped out at cheerleading practice when we were doing stunts, then i got it repierced and took it out when i got pregant, and then again after i had my DD, I didnt know they made maternity bellybutton rings but i wish i had of.
    The only thing is that it hurts more each time you have it done because of the scar tissue, the 1st time I didnt even feel it but the 2nd and 3rd time I almost passed out. lol
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 11:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would never re-pierce mine.

It hurt too much the first time.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 3:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I redid mine myself after a pitcher of top shelf magaritas on the rocks and didn't feel a thing! Got two tatoos like that too lol! Good thing I stopped drinking! LMAO!!! :-)
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I have just heard that with the scar tissue in there, it makes re-piercing it more dangerous. I'm prolly gunna do it anyways. I didn't feel it the first time..just the clamp, so I guess I'll just prepare for more pain this time. :o
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2009