my babys poop... lol...

i changed my babys diaper last night and her poop was green and runny....? does this mean shes sick? should i take her in?? shes been crying an awful lot so im not sure.... :(..

Becca_Lynn

Asked by Becca_Lynn at 11:59 AM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she? Does she breastfeed or take formula? If it's formula does it have iron in it?
    Anonymous

• shes 7 weeks she gets formula and yes it has iron in it... its similac sensitive with iron.....
    Becca_Lynn

Answer by Becca_Lynn at 12:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• She could possibly be sick. I would just keep an eye on it... if she has very frequent watery stool, not eating well or starts vomiting.. then I would bring her in. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Read this article (it helped me a lot): http://www.justmommies.com/articles/baby-poop.shtml
    The reason I asked if it had iron is because babies that get iron in their formula...they poop green sometimes even a tan color...just read the article and you will know why.
    Anonymous