Arm's reach co-sleeper

Has anyone ever used one of these? How was it? Can they really be made to be even with the height of the bed? I'm due in a week and I have an almost 2 year old that still sleeps with us. I'm thinking this would be the best solution until baby is a few months old. Our bed is a king and kind of high off the floor, is it likely I'll need the leg extenders?

Thanks!

Pauline3283

Asked by Pauline3283 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have it, love it. Our bed is high, and we needed the leg extenders. If I had a king though, I'd just let him sleep in the bed (like he ends up usually anyway)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Thanks! I would let him sleep in our bed, as planned, but since I night weaned my son moves so much and he seems to need too much space. Once baby is about 6 months, don't think that'll be an issue but it worries me for now.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• You will need the extenders.  I had to use them for my high bed with high mattress (high enough for me to need steps to get in.  The extenders weren't high enough to make it even, but close enough that it was easy to have the twins next to the bed.  I never let them sleep with me in the bed.  I loved the co-sleeper because the bassinet setting held both babies for about three months with no problem.  With one, I bet you could go longer.

halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 12:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Your first has been sleeping in your bed for 2 years????
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 1:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

Nope, my *5th* has been. My first four for slept with me for just as long. I've been cl-sleeping for the last 10 years and counting! Why?
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• When do you find the time to have sex or spend any time to yourselves?? Doesn't that create one hell of a situation when you try to get them into their own beds??
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 6:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

We obviously find plenty since I'm pregnant with baby number 6. And I've never had a hard time moving a child to their own bed. It's always really easy. I've not had to really transition any of them, they moved willingly.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2009