first tooth!

My son got his first tooth today (and it's sharp!!!). I always wipe down his gums, but do I need to do anything different now?

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 12:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Time to start brushing!

Does the tooth actually need brushing...not so much. But better to get them used to a toothbrush now rather than having to fight with them later!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• What kind of tooth brush would you use on gums?
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 1:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I say keep brushing his gums like u normally would and then use a tooth brush on the tooth. either way he has to have a clean mouth right?
    Duskee

Answer by Duskee at 4:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• As soon as my DDs bottom 2 came in (same time) I started using a little baby brush. Oral B makes them for 4 months and up. Get them used to it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Just use any little baby tooth brush. They're soft. It's more for practice and for them to get used to the feel, really, but good to make sure food/liquids are cleaned off the brand new pearly whites!

We used to brush the exposed teeth and then let them chew on it for a bit with their gums. Make a difference? I don't know, but they willingly brush their teeth now! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• Wow.. I'm glad you asked this 'cause I'm learning too. My daughter just got her first tooth and I didn't know you're supposed to brush it. Thanks!
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 6:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2009