Isnt this sad? *school lunch

My aunt works in the high school lunch room. She runs the cash register. She just told us how much she hates her job because of the kids who come through the line whose accounts have no money and they have already used up all their free lunches and they have no money and she is forced to make them throw the lunch in the garbage. is that not sad? would you be able to have a job like that?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2012 in General Parenting

• I don't have a better solution but to make a child throw away his/her lunch and tell them they can't eat is horrible.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• Wait, so perfectly good food gets thrown in the garbage because they can't pay for it? Why not give it to them, if it is getting thrown away? What good is that, if they throw away they still aren't getting the money for it.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• That is sad.
    Do inmates in prison pay for their lunches? Serious question. Do they, or do our tax dollars pay for inmates' lunches?
    If it's our tax dollars, which I am leaning toward believing it is, then how ridiculous is it that our kids are going without lunch??!!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 8:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• I wonder what the school would do if the kid took the food and ate anyway. Is the school going to rip it out of their hands?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• i know! i told my aunt she should be one of those whistle blowers and secretly contact the news
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• ugh- NO
    (flood of bad middle school/ high school lunch time memories involving crappy adults)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2012

• yep i know all about that, nasty.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2012