Coffee that wont hurt my stomach?

I am a coffee drinker in the morning like most folks. But here lately every time I drink my two to three cups in the I have to go straight to the bathroom and for lack of a better word,poop,not just once but three or four times. THis is been going on now for about 6 or 7 months. Do they make a coffee that wont hurt my stomach or make me have the runs. I am only 33 years old and dont understand why I am having this problem!! It is frustrating cause I love my coffee me time in the morning it is the only time I get to myself!!

Fairymom32

Asked by Fairymom32 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 20, 2012 in Health

• Coffee makes you poop. It didn't happen to me until I was in my 30s too. There was always a joke in my family that you could set your watch to my dad going to the bathroom to poop. At 8am every morning he was going to the bathroom. It wasn't until recently I figured it out. He would get up, drink coffee, and poop. Bahahahaha!

The solution is to switch to tea or just stop having a hot drink in the morning. Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2012

• Welcome to old age. Coffee is a bean and whether it is brewed for drinking or cooked like chili it will work the same way. Does this happen when you eat regular beans like kidney bean, chickpeas or black beans?

You can always try Postum. It's chickory and tastes like coffee but isn't coffee.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:12 AM on Sep. 20, 2012

• Coffee goes right through me as well, I am not aware of any that won't do this,, maybe have a bit less?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:07 AM on Sep. 20, 2012

• That's what coffee does for many people. It may be something more recent for you, but it's common. Coffee is a diuretic of sorts and a stimulant. I would suggest going with a tea or cutting back on the coffee if you do not like the side effects. How strong do you make your coffee? You could also try some lighter blends that might not be so acidic.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:19 AM on Sep. 20, 2012

• Maybe it is the hot beverage. Try iced coffee, and if that has the same effect, try hot teas.

Answer by Bmat at 9:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2012

• I drink coffee when I need to get regular. TMI
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:13 AM on Sep. 20, 2012

• If the amount of reaction you're having is troublesome, start with talking with your doctor about it, and if he or she can't help you, go see a gastroenterologist.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:59 AM on Sep. 20, 2012

• Welcome to old age.

I am not old!!
    Fairymom32

Comment by Fairymom32 (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2012