potty training question?

where is the best place to put the potty?

steelersmomof4

Asked by steelersmomof4 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ours is in our bathroom. Because I'm training an almost 3 year old and I have an 18 month old that I don't want to play in the potty, it's in the bathroom. We go open the door for him when he says he needs to potty. It also helps with it being in there to empty it, it's so much easier to just reach 2 feet to dump it out instead of carrying it from another room to dump it.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• i have mine in the living room/ kitchen, where ever my girl can see it, and then if she does something i go with her to throw it in the big potty. little by little i'm planing on moving the potty to th bathroom until she can go there by herself, for us the living room/kitchen works just fine =-D
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 1:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• We keep ours in the bathroom. My 23 month old would rather have the ring on the toilet anyway. We lived in a really small house when I trained my other two, and we kept it in the bathroom for them too. Just seems more practical.

JTLMOMMY

Answer by JTLMOMMY at 2:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• We kept ours in the bathroom while we were training our son. Now we just have a small seat that goes over the big seat and that works great for both my son and now daughter who is mostly potty trained! I think bathroom is the best place to keep it since that is where kids need to eventually learn to do their business:)
    Livi-Lou

Answer by Livi-Lou at 12:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2009