an odor!

is it normal to an odor 'down there' while pregnant? ive never had any problems and i am due very soon, and i am very self concious about myself, so this little odor is really bothering me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with all the fluctuating hormones, that is very common. although odors can indicate infections so you may want to get it checked out just to be safe.
    Anonymous

• What does it smell like? If it smells strong and like fish it is probably a bacteria infection which you should ask your doctor about. He may give you antibiotics which is good in this case because the infection can through you into preterm labor.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• especially at the end of pregnancies does the scent become more extreme
    Anonymous

• totally normal to smell stronger
    , blue lady mentioned a vag infection, but unless you have other factors that kind of infection WILL NOT cause preterm labor, so no worries.Here is what has been helpful:wear scented pantiliners and change them frequently. it seems strong to us , but no one else can smell it.If you are still worries you can try a FDS spray in baby powder scent as the flowery kind tend to just make "down there" smell like sceretions and flowers lol.The baby powder scent neutrelizes the odor.Als you can spinkle a little cornstarch baby powder into pantiliner, finally I have found the wet toliet wipes to be helpful for me and you can put a few in a little plastic bag to throw into your pocket or purse.It is totally normal and try not to worry about it.If it is an yeast or vag infection , let doc know but you can treat it with any over the counter treatment, you do not need a script.The 3 day ones are great.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• All I said was that it could cause preterm labor which is a serious deal. If you are worried about it, check with your doctor. Not that an odor is a TERRIBLE thing. Just watch out because if you feel it might be something more than it might.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• you can get more bacterial infections while pregnant, when i was pregnant with my daughter, i smelled down a few times or just had more discharge
    Anonymous