Acne

is there any acne products or home remedies that work ?

lawla

Asked by lawla at 10:51 AM on Sep. 20, 2012 in Health

• I tried proactive and it made my skin so horrible my mom cried when she saw me... I stopped using it immediately. I know it works for some people, but it did not work for me. I hated the idea of paying them every single month for a product that was making my problem worse.

I started doing some research. I tried the OCM, Mayo, Mustard, and a handful of other homemade masks. Nada.

What works for me now:
    Cetaphil
    Dove cleansing cloths and exfoliator (no longer sold in store so I buy in bulk online when I can find it)
    Nuetrogena acne toner
    Dream cream moisturizer from LUSH.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2012

• I've tried a ton of products, from drugstore to Proactive, and none of the acne products worked for me. Proactive actually made mine worse. I use Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar soap to cleanse and tea tree oil over my moisturizer as spot treatment. It's worked better than anything else I've ever tried, and it works faster (example: last night I noticed a spot forming, dabbed on the tea tree oil, and this morning it was already dry, and should be totally gone by tomorrow morning).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2012